Call For Papers
When Worlds Collide: Science, Faith, and the Imagination
For the ORU Conference on Science and Science Fiction
April 12 & 13, 2012
Download the call for papers (doc) (pdf)
- Science Fiction and Theology. Investigating the relationship between and metaphors in science fiction and theology.
- Science in Science Fiction. Discussing the plausibility of fantastical science fiction concepts such as time travel, warp drives, cloaking devices, and (quantum) teleportation.
- Hard Science Fiction. Examining scientific rigor in science fiction.
- Social Sciences in Science Fiction. Investigating psychological, sociological, and cultural issues in science fiction.
- The Relationship between Science and Science Fiction. Exploring how science drives science fiction and/or how science fiction drives science.
- Original Science Fiction Short Stories. Submitting creative and original short stories (8-10 pages) over various science fiction themes and subjects.
Dr. Andrew S.I.D. Lang, Conference Director